Thursday, February 3, 2022

I Like Thursdays: February 3, 2022

 Happy Thursday!  Thursday is always are happy days because it's "I like Thursday" and time to post positive things!  Hosted by Lee Anna, please visit the other bloggers and Lee Anna here!

This week was a no sewing week as I focused on mom.  There were doctor appointments and yesterday was her birthday.  I am happy to report that she had a wonderful birthday!

She received lots of cards and flowers!


Before the pandemic, she always liked to go to Olive Garden for her birthday.  This year I brought OG to her and picked up a lunch (curbside) for her.  She loved it!

It was a really good day for her and I think she was really touched by all the well wishes she received!

***

On Saturday, Scout and I returned from my mom's to find a surprise in our garden!  Our neighbor Denise was there and she was trying to catch one of the family's kittens. Calvin had escaped and jumped into our yard!  I don't think he was expecting to run into a 50 lb. poodle!  Calvin was gone in a flash and ran back into his home!  Scout was disappointed.  She wanted to smell him and has hunted through the garden everyday to see if he was back!

I like snow tracks!


Above: Little Calvin paw prints and Scout's paw prints!
Below, little bird tracks!


When I visit Mom, our time is constantly interrupted by her dog Kerry and all her shenanigans.  About the only time the dog is quiet is when we are eating or she is getting a snack.  Then she is a really GOOD dog!

"What have your got there Uncle Jim?"

Yesterday I found another solution.  I opened the front door, made sure the screen door was locked and let the dogs enjoy the neighborhood activity.  It worked!  No shenanigans!  We'll use this method when Mom and I want to watch another episode of "Brokenwood Mysteries" together!


Wishing you a safe and happy week!




5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! So glad she had a good day. I love those paw prints, too - especially fun to see the bird prints next to the dogs. We have a neighbor whose front door is always open - I bet it's so the dog can see out!

PaintedThread said...

How nice that you picked up you Mom's favorite for her birthday! I like the paw prints. Enjoy Brokenwood. :-)

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! Olive Garden takeout sounds like a great surprise! I have 2 cats and they're always getting into trouble too! Our pets surely entertain us! Enjoy your weekend!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Happy Birthday mom! Great idea for curbside pickup for OG. Also awesome solution for pup entertainment looking out the door and patrolling the neighborhood from the safety of the house. I like Brokenwood. On a very rare occasion I turn the TV on and that is one of the shows I will watch. Love the prints in the snow.

Linda said...

So heartwarming to read about your Mom's wonderful celebration. She sounds like my Mom who also used to love Olive Garden. I'm so glad you were able to celebrate with her. That is such a cute story about the kitten and your Scout.