Thursday, February 10, 2022

 Happy Thursday!  Today we celebrate all that is good in life and post it on our blogs.  "I like Thursdays" is hosted by Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color.  Join us and enjoy the positive energy on the internet!


The temperatures have warmed up and most of the snow has melted.  Scout and I continue our park walks and enjoying the nature there!  The days are getting longer and now I'm so looking forward to spring!

My husband came home last night after working in the northern Midwest for over a month.  It was good to see him again and I made him a nice pork chop dinner with chocolate cake for dessert.  Unfortunately he got a call from work as soon as he walked through the door and left 12 hours later to work in Iowa.
But at least I got to see him for a few hours...


Sometimes watching an old series on tv is like welcoming an old friend.  Lewis aka Inspector Lewis is being rebroadcast on our local PBS station.  It's my favorite of the Morse series and it was great to see the first episode again.  I had even forgotten who dunnit!

Finally, I like Don Mclean's version of the song "Count Your Blessings" which often soothes me when I'm too restless to sleep.  I'm sure you can find a rendition on youtube.  Yesterday I received a lovely card from a friend and the message was one of support and to take care of myself.  Thank you Diana!  You are one of my blessings!

Have a safe and happy day!   





7 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love the Inspector Lewis series also, but there's no way I can watch 2 hours of TV starting so late in the evening. I'm disappointed that it doesn't seem to be available on PBS Passport, which is where I watch most of the PBS shows. We're enjoying Around the World in 80 Days, and wonder how close it is to the book. I had to read it in French in high school, so my memory of the details is very fuzzy. Enjoy the spring-like temperatures for the next few days.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! The picture of Inspector Lewis at the picnic table . . . I thought you were going to say one was DH and his friend. Giggle away, but that's what I mentally decided. Do you have trouble sleeping while he's gone? I do - I used to solo travel a lot and never slept well. I can't believe most of the snow has melted!! WOWEE! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love that the days are getting longer, and the weather has been good for walking, too! I've been enjoying Endeavour - would probably enjoy Lewis, too. Maybe they're showing it on our PBS station. I'll have to look!

PaintedThread said...

We love Lewis and Morse too! Bummer that your husband was in and out so quickly. I hope he arrives back home soon.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

We too loved Lewis and Morse very much. I bet we could watch those shows all again as no doubt our memories are fading. At least you got to see Hubby and give him a good home made meal. Safe travels to him. Happy Stitching.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your weather sounds wonderful. We had ice last week and even though it melts during the day, it freezes overnight. Such a pain! I'm glad you got to see your husband for a little bit. Enjoy the weekend!!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

We have most of our snow melted too. How nice to be able to walk in the park. Glad you got to see hubby. Most of the time if I read after a while I can fall asleep. Interestingly I recently read an article how many people now sleep in shifts. 2-4 hours then up for a few hours then sleep for another 3-4 hours.