Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Garden garden garden...

No big news here, I'm in the garden as much as my schedule allows.  This year we lost a lot of plants and bushes but I am taking it as an opportunity for change and pruning...LOTS of pruning, here is my handsome Teddy who is always barking outside:

Normally, we have hummingbirds nesting in our "Butterfly Bush" tree (it got so big it was like a tree).  It's the only Butterfly bush that survived but had to be cut back so severely that we know the hummers won't nest there, no privacy.  I've been filling the willow tree with hummingbird feeders and hanging plants in the hope that they will nest there...
Ted likes to be in the picture.  Here are some other photos of the garden:
Above: view from Sewing room window

columbine
Tree peony:




3 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Awwwwwwwww your garden is gorgeous - Teddy looks great standing guard, lol. I wish we had more perennials - I only have my late brother's tiger lilies + a beautiful peony bush in the front - we fill in the rest with annuals. Neither of us likes gardening so it always surprises me that Dennis prefers to put in flowers every year, rather than planting something once and having it come up year after year! We've already harvested a batch of rhubard from the back - D divided the bushes after he harvested them, so we probably won't get any more rhubarb this year *grumbles about men who read the directions but then do their own thing* ;)

Sandra :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pinkadot Quilts said...

Your columbine is beautiful!