Thursday, November 10, 2022

I like Thursdays: November 10, 2022

 Happy Thursday!

Time to share things we like!

I like pizza for breakfast.  I never thought I would come round to this idea, but about 3 years ago, my husband finally convinced me to try it.  We get a very thin crust pizza at our farmer's market on Thursdays or Fridays.  Scout loves the crust (referred to as pizza bones) and it is just a fun and weird way to start the day!

LeeAnna, our hostess with the mostess, suggested we weigh in on our thoughts about apple cider.  I like it.  I don't care for the spiced variety much anymore (or rather, the variety doesn't like me).  The cider never gets completely drunk here.  To be honest, I just as soon heat a mug of apple juice with a cinnamon stick in it these days. 

I love poodles!  I love my vintage poodle pin cushions too!
 

I'm enjoying the new mystery series, Magpie Murders!  It's a lot of fun and I really love the actress, Lesley Manville!

The days have been lovely and now that I'm recovering from the flu, I'm appreciating the beauty outdoors!


Hope you are having a wonderful day!
Stay safe!

8 comments:

piecefulwendy said...

We are enjoying Magpie Murders, too - I especially like the author's commentary after each episode. Pizza is good anytime!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Michele, I'm glad you mentioned Magpie Murders as we were looking at it and wondering. We well take a look. Tony would eat pizza anytime of the day. In the old days I would have to but my stomach is a little bit touchier now. But I still love it and have it for supper sometimes. Love those poodle pin keeps.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! Pizza for breakfast is fab! In fact, anything can be breakfast food but especially pizza. Yum - thin crust rocks and Scout would have all of mine. Oddly enough deep dish used to be my favorite but now I don't like the crust as well. Tastes change, I guess. I'm sorry that you got the flu already. Dang - it's barely flu season, I think. Nuts - I hope you feel oodles better real soon. {{Hugs}} a bunch! ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Yum on the pizza for breakfast! Aren't your poodle pincushions fun?! We've been watching Magpie Murders, too - it's an interesting and complicated show. Glad to hear you're recovering!

PaintedThread said...

That photo of Scout and the cat is cute! Magpie Murders has been fun so far. That's a beautiful photo of that tree.

LA Paylor said...

we watched two Magpie murder episodes last night and it's intriguing! I love Scout in that first pic with the cat. Pizza is a perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner!

Susie H said...

Your poodle pin cushion is adorable! Someone the other day shared a recipe for Homemade Apple Cider in the crock pot. Depending on the apple varieties you use, you could customize it to taste! I think that's brilliant and plan on trying it at Christmas time. I'll keep some bourbon, rum, and Fireball whiskey on hand for everyone to suit their own tastes too! I'll probably enjoy mine plain, thank you very much. Ha! Have a great week!

Helen said...

We think left over pizza for breakfast is a perfect meal!