Thursday, October 27, 2022

I Like Thursdays: October 27, 2022

 Happy Halloween!

It's "I like Thursday" and time to celebrate the good things in life!


The Phillies won the division championship and now they're on to the World Series!  Who would have imagined it would happen this year but we are delighted and ready to watch the series against the Astros!  Go Phils!


Well the weather got warmer--but also rainy so I've been in the sewing room!  I finished 8 tops for the kids and now am working on square in a square blocks that I found while cleaning out the sewing room!  Cleaning Bonus--finding some finished quilts I made during the pandemic that I can give gift (forgot all about them).


The leaves are falling at a terrific rate these days.  I love passing by my neighbor's house.  His maple leaves are always red and burgundy and as they lay in the green grass, remind me of Christmas.  

Another Christmas reminder was up the street.  Sometimes what the garbage men leave behind amuses the heck out of Karen (next door) and I.    Simply put-- "Christmas Coffee."


Our prompt this week was to discuss a Halloween costume that we remember fondly.  I think my favorite thing was wearing a gown that had been my great-grandmother's.  I think it was made of moire and through the years of dress-ups and costumes, the gown really took a beating.  I'm rather sad now that it is gone (my mother probably threw it out).  When I think about it now, it was probably one of the factors that made me love old things.

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!




4 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Those were certainly great finds on your cleanout. Wonderful now to finish up or as you say, gift them. Pretty colours on those leaves. And thanks for chuckle about that Christmasy coffee. Have a great weekend now!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

We're rooting for the Phillies out here in Colorado! (Well, I have to admit that at first we were rooting for the Padres, but had to move on...) Pretty leaves on the ground. Your 4 patch quilt top looks really neat!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

So nice to find quilts while cleaning! Love hearing about your vintage Halloween costume. My mother threw out so much stuff I wish I still had. Have a nice weekend!!

LA Paylor said...

I love hearing about you wearing your gown... wish you had it still even stained or raggedy it would be a treasure. I love old things too LeeAnna