Thursday, November 24, 2022

I like Thursdays: November 24, 2022

 


Happy Thanksgiving!
Today is "I like Thursday" and time to express all that we are grateful for--and especially on Thanksgiving!  Please check out more happy posts at our hostess LeeAnna's blog!

My hand surgery went well.  In pre-op, the doctor decided that two fingers needed to be done.  The recovery has been okay and it will take a while before I can actually use the hand (it can't even be wet right now).  Funny how the little thing become important so  I find myself grateful for: sweat pants, my husband being home this week, and actually I'm grateful not to have to worry about Thanksgiving.

This holiday season the kids' made alternative plans and it's just me, Brad, and Mom.  Mom is baking a turkey breast and Brad is taking care of the other fixings.  I'll report later on his recipes he tried.  Still as the person that everyone turns to, I'm grateful for the break.

I'm grateful for my niece Maggie.  She and I text regularly and she always sends me photos of my great niece Remi who is now 7 months old.  So many blessings!

I'm so grateful for all of our family and our friends and yes, Scout's friends too!


And you, my online friends are so dear to me!  I wish you all a safe and happy holiday!

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Michele! So glad to know your hand surgery went well, and that you have helpers. I love your photo of Scout facing off with the cat! Enjoy your day!

PaintedThread said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad that the hand surgery went well - may you have a fast and uneventful recovery. Remi is a cutie!

Helen said...

So good to remember those little things that are so important!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Cheers to an easy-peasy recovery! For one who takes care of others, enjoy letting others take care of you. Happy Thanksgiving!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Such good news that your hands are fine and will heal well with you taking good care. How important they are! Meanwhile I'm glad you had a quiet Thanksgiving all the better to rest in body and mind. Thanks for sharing little Remi. She put a smile on my face. Great photo in your header!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving! I'm hoping your recovery is quick but so nice to not have to cook for the holiday. Good timing!!

LA Paylor said...

laughing at that spaghetti baby! Love you and scout, glad your surgery is done and it's all about recovery now