Thursday, October 20, 2022

I Like Thursdays: October 20, 2022

 Happy Thursday!  Today bloggers share things we are grateful for as part of "I like Thursdays!"  The event is hosted by Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color.  Go visit her and other bloggers!!!

Well the Phils beat the Braves (sorry Libby) and are now taking on the Padres (we lost one, won one so far).  It's exciting baseball watching for sure!  I was worried about what I would do without baseball to watch at night but I've already got a nice stack of books to read this winter.  The one I'm looking forward to the most is The Wedding Dress Sewing Circle by Jennifer Ryan. 


I read her book Kitchen Front last summer and a bunch of my friends have read it now and love it as well!  These books are fiction but illustrate the challenges that British women faced during World War 2.  Well researched and well written!

We had the first real frost this week and it's time to cut back plants.  Hopefully it will be warmer tomorrow and I'll get some outdoors work done!  In the meantime, I'm working away on quilts for the kids and using up tons of novelty fabric I've had for years.


Scout's back on her medication for allergies but hopefully the frost will relieve her seasonal allergies!  The cool weather has her really frisky and she loves being outdoors right now!

Our prompt this week from LeeAnna is what kind of Halloween candy we liked as kids and like now.  I liked all kinds of candy when I was a kid but this time of year I get a hankering for candy corn (I don't buy it because I will eat it).  My favorite candy over the summer was fruit Mambas that my neighbors and I snacked on as we played board games.

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!




4 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes, a nip of frost in the air early morning here. But still holding onto our leaves. Doesn't it feel great to use up that stash. Win win! And hopefully the cooler temps will help Scout's allergies. Not fun. Hope you and Scout have a great weekend, Michele.

Angela said...

Scout has the sweetest face!

PaintedThread said...

Well researched historical novels are so interesting to read! Scout is always such a cutie! Hope she feels better soon.

LA Paylor said...

oooopretty scout
Milo has severe allergies, we cut out wheat, and he has apoquel every night but still they plague him.
not as cold in Colorado any more, we used to have snow in late Sept but none yet, and it was over 80F today. Sad about climate change.
I never had those fruit chews, they sound good
LeeAnna