Thursday, October 13, 2022

I Like Thursdays: October 13, 2022

 Greetings and welcome to this week's version of "I like Thursdays"!!!

Every week we post things we like or are grateful for and our hostess LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color shares our blog addresses.  Visit her here to read more uplifting posts! 

We came home Tuesday evening to some excitement in the neighborhood.  There was a fire truck behind my neighbor's home.  Calvin the cat had climbed a tree and couldn't get down!


Scout is friends with the two cats that live next door and the felines are only allowed outdoors with human supervision.  Apparently Andy the young man next door who is the "cat whisperer" of the family had climbed the tree to get Calvin down but Calvin kept climbing higher and higher until the fire department had to be called.  

By the time we got home, it was really dark and there was a full rescue underway  (no easy feat to even see him as Calvin is black).  Happily, the firemen allowed Andy to climb their super big ladder and get Calvin.  We applauded Andy.  We applauded the firemen and thanked them repeatedly.   As the one neighbor said, this was so much better than watching tv!

Apparently there will be no more outings of the cat, per Andy.  Better safe than sorry!  We are just happy Calvin is safe!

Autumn is here and the geese are passing through and visiting the lake.  I love watching the seasons change in my garden and at the park:


It's been a rather uneventful week (except for Calvin's adventure) but I'm grateful for a week of peace as well.

This week Lee Anna's prompt is what kind of snacks we feast on--particularly at night.  During the day I'm just too busy but at night when I finally sit down, I do like an apple.  My secret snack is Wrigley's Doublemint gum.  I've been watching the Phillies and the gum chewing seems to alleviate the tension of the game.  It's not glamourous but there it is.  I never chew gum any other time.

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!






6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So glad Calvin was able to be rescued! Your photos of the lake at the park are beautiful, too. Happy Thursday!

Libby in TN said...

Go Braves!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That would be very exciting to see the firemen in action saving a cat.
Lovely photos; I wonder were they my geese that passed through here last week.
I like gum too but can't chew it...it activates my jaw joint in a bad way. Always something, sigh.

LA Paylor said...

great cat story!!!
love the gum snack too. I used to snack on gum during high school diet years... I'd be hungry but somehow a stick of doublemint can get you through

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! HA - I didn't know that a fire truck would actually come for a cat in a tree. Beautiful pictures! {{Hugs}} a bunch, my friend. ~smile~ Roseanne

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Calvin had quite the adventure! I love the pictures of the area you live in. So beautiful! Chewing gum calms my stomach. I use it sometimes if I have indigestion. Enjoy your weekend!