Thursday, September 1, 2022

I like Thursdays: September 1, 2022

Happy first day of September!


It's Thursday and time to celebrate the good in life!  Please join the other participants by visiting our hostess Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color!

Happily my husband is still at home and that is always a good thing!  I know once he is called out again, he'll be traveling a lot!

We are grateful for a brief rainfall we got the other night.  It was only about 1/8th of an inch but it was better than nothing!

Other things I like:


Tinkerbell, Scout's best friend!
Both dogs are picky eaters.  We came across an unusual but effective solution:  the dogs eat dinner together every evening.  We're not sure if it's the competition or the competition that gets them to eat but we're grateful for solution to both our problems!  Tinker has a light breakfast meal as well---and now Scout goes down to see her in the morning--otherwise she won't eat.  😂😂😂  Whatever works!

***
I'm grateful for what my friend Linda called "Scrap Summer!"  I've managed to whittle down two deep drawers to one and it's so satisfying to have more room!  Right now I'm working on placemats for the kids in my family and I'll be glad to have them done.  I should have birthed the placemats but instead here I am attaching binding to each of the 15 needed.

The placemats have scraps on one side.  The other side will have a little ghost appliqued on it.  These go with The Little Ghost Who was a Quilt book we got for each family.


I also made 55 little-ghosts-who was-a-quilt for our kids and also my friend Amy who is a children's librarian and will be doing a program on the book in October.  The kids can put a face on the quilt like in the book.  But...I know some of the girls in my family will be using their quilts for their Barbie dolls! 


For years I've made a lot of donation quilts and items for charities.  Through the next year, I'm determined to make sure that each of the little ones have a quilt that I made for them.  I should have been on this earlier but it is what it is.  At least I have a goal for the next 12 months.

Well have a beautiful day and I wish you a safe and happy weekend!









4 comments:

piecefulwendy said...

Your dogs must be social eaters, since they seem to cheer one another on :-) Lovely charity quilts!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's good to have a friend, even when you're a dog! Healthy, too! I love those cute little ghost quilts - what a fun project!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love the little ghost quilts. So nice of you to make! My cats always eat together. One will always finish what the other leaves behind. Silly girls!

PaintedThread said...

Yay for rain. I've never heard of the little ghost quilts. I'll have to look that up. I like your scrappy placemats.