Thursday, September 15, 2022

I Like Thursdays: September 15, 2022

 


Greetings!  Today is Thursday and time to post things that make us happy.  "I like Thursdays" is hosted by Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color so join us or visit the other happy bloggers today by visiting Lee Anna's site!

This week the weather has made me very happy.  We had more rain and it is cooler in the evenings.  Autumn is just around the corner and we can feel it.  The change in temperatures makes me happy because I can spend more time in the sewing attic without wilting.  I've been spending almost all day up there!


The temperatures and in particular the rain, has brought some of the garden back.  The roses are blooming again and that always makes me grateful!
 
I just read two blogs that participate in "I Like Thursdays" and I think Lee Anna sent out a prompt on crafts we used to do.  For whatever reason, Lee Anna's emails don't arrive in my mailbox or spam box; we tend to communicated through blog comments.


Anyway, the craft that I don't do anymore that I would like to return to is knitting.  I used to knit when I was in college and found it soothing.  I even bought a skein of yarn last spring but then never got to it.  I tend to do more handcrafts in the autumn and winter just because I'm stuck in doors.  So I'm pulling my embroidery out as well these days.


Scout as a baby.  She's a "blue" poodle and was born with that wonderful gray face.

Scout has been plagued with allergies.   She had her allergy shot in August and we kept waiting for it work but she just got worse.  Unfortunately her hot spots became inflamed and infected; she is on a bunch of meds right now.  Still I'm grateful-- my groomer took the time to cut her hair short because finding things on a poodle through that curly hair can be daunting.  Then (because Jessa is a GREAT groomer) she took photos of Scout's hot spots for the vet with descriptions where the spots are located.  She's going to get better but as our wonderful vet told us, it's the worse year the practice has ever seen for allergies.  So our little girl is on the mend.

Enjoy the grateful weather!  
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  





7 comments:

Angela said...

Oh dear. Best wishes to your sweet girl.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michelle! What a beautiful flower on your page's header. What a sweet picuture of baby Scout. I'm sorry she is dealing with such severe allergies this year. Oddly enough, I haven't been at all. I started using a nasal spray and I haven't had any allergy symptoms at all. Too bad my buddy Scout can't try a nasal spray. Who would want to administer that, though?!! It fabulous that you are able to enjoy your sewing and quilting hideout again without melting. We had TEN inches of rain in that most recent storm - Sunday it rained the entire day. I think the Low was centered right over Lake Michigan so that bands of rain just kept hitting us. Yowza! Here's to a great week ahead for you and Scout. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

She is a sweet girl! Ned had a few spots on his belly that he scratched at night and we got pills from the vet for him. It worked. But we do wonder if he will be a dog that has allergies.
I don't mind the season changing. We had all together too much humidity for my liking this summer. My hair was a frizz ball the whole time.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I hope Scout is feeling better soon. Love your flowers! I hope you start knitting and enjoy it. I stopped for awhile but went back to it eventually. I think knitting is the first craft I ever learned.

PaintedThread said...

Poor Scout. How awful to have allergies! I never learned how to knit - I love seeing people's knitting projects. It's amazing to see all the different patterns that can be created with yarn.

Susie H said...

My sister's fox terrier has a load of allergies too and now it seems her cat has allergies as well. It's so hard for our critters, isn't it, since they can't speak to us. Enjoy the roses, they're lovely. Hope they have a wonderful smell to them as well.

WonkyGirl said...

I would not hesitate to try this on hotspots
Curicyn All-Purpose Original Formula Farm Animal & Horse Wound Treatment.
purchase at Chewy.