Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sweets from the Sweet...

My friend Lori came by yesterday with a little treat!  She is Ava's Mom and understands the grieving process we've been going through.

So she brought me some cracked eggs?  NOOOOOOOOOOOO.....
These are brownies!  The yolks are lemon curd and the egg shells...not sure how she made that but they are like a fondant.  While Lori cared for Ava at the end of her life, she would make things from the book Hello Cupcake.  They were delish and raised our spirits!  Thank you Lori.

We are holding our own.  Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers.  It's a terrigble loss for me.  Paddie was my constant companion during the past 13 years; my husband travels all the time for his job so the bond between Paddie and I was strong.  When she was 10, we recieved Teddy from my mother and two years ago we rescued Seamus. 

The boys are going through their own changes.  They are very clingy. Ted is visibly grieving.   He looks for Paddie when she doesn't wake up at her normal time (early at sunrise).  Normally Ted sleeps in.  Seamus went to my Mom's house the other day and did a really weird thing.  Just peed right in her living room.  Our vet said all this is normal and it will be a while before balance is restored to her our household.  In the meantime, we go with the flow of the grieving process and try to get some things done.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I'm sorry about the loss of your Paddy.

Those cupcakes are adorable.

Miss Jean said...

Oh, dear! I am so very sorry for the loss of Paddie. Pets mean so much to us and it is heartbreaking when they leave. Sending you hugs and prayers.