Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Challenge quilts completed!

I continue to rest my back which is still fragile.  The one thing I can do is bind quilts and fortunately, I had a stack all ready to go.  This past week I finished binding my challenge quilts.   

Every year our guild (like most) has a quilt challenge.  I love this year's theme, "Panel Play!"  Who doesn't have a panel or two (or more) in their stash that they should use up?    Both pieces are completed now and ready to take to the meeting in January.  This one used up some of my Mary Englebreit fabric and 1940s repro fabric:


Then there is this piece.  For the first time ever, there were puckers in the machine quilting.  It's a real disappointment that it's not "perfect" but will still make a good donation quilt.

I hope you have a good and happy day!



2 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I think those puckers might settle down with use and washings. These are such fun panels to work with and how generous to donate them. You are good! Btw, hope you are also pain free. How's the back?

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Both of these are adorable. Hope you feel better soon! mary