Saturday, May 23, 2015

Sew-cation 2015

I've been working in the garden a lot this week.  Getting the garden ready for visitors and the summer season is always a lot of work but so worth it once the weather is truly warm (the temp was in the 40s this morning).  



The hubs is working, the kids aren't coming home for the weekend and I actually fell asleep at 8 p.m. last night, I was so tired from working outdoors.  I feel as if I need a sew-cation.  What sounds better than a relaxing weekend of sewing?
I don't have a ton of projects on my list.  I just want to:  1-- get the binding applied to Peter and Jessica's quilt, 2-- quilt and apply binding to a mini quilt for our Civil War program, 3 and 4-- put together two mini quilts tops for my embroidery program.  I think these projects are do-able for one weekend and won't make me feel like I'm juggling too much.
I'll be posting photos as I can because I need to be accountable to get these things done this weekend.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Remember those who have fallen and say some prayers for their families.


2 comments:

Sandra :) said...

That seems like a rather large To Do list for one weekend, but if hubby isn't around then you should have time :) I've noticed that when Dennis is home I don't spend much time in the basement - his presence really cuts into my sewing time! That's going to be a big problem when he retires :D I just don't feel right about hibernating by myself in the basement when he's home!

I'll be watching for update photos!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Your garden is lovely!!! So welcoming. I love that pic of the lady sewing....hysterical. I think I need to devote some days to sewing - been running way too much lately!