Wednesday, May 13, 2015

8 pointed star

I live in a neighborhood that is going through a transition.  Because many of the residents are elderly, we are seeing more houses go on sale and more estate sales.  I like to attend the sales on the off chance that I might find an old quilt.  It's surprising how often I do.  Here is a bad photograph of what I picked up on Saturday.  Many apologies for the lack of quality but it is tough to get a good photo right now in my house:

This is from the first half of the 19th century and is in really good shape although the fold creases look to be decades old.  I can't wait to show my appraiser and quilt study group it!


Hope the stars are all aligned in a positive place for you today!  We are fortunate.  Even if we haven't had rain (for weeks), we at least have cooler temperatures today.  Have a wonderful day!


3 comments:

Martha said...

What a gorgeous quilt, Mickie. I love the light sashing with darker cornerstones -- I might have to copy this design :)

Congrats on such a great find!

Sandra :) said...

Gorgeous quilt - I really like that red print that borders the stars :)

I just hung 2 loads of clothes on the clothesline - it's beautiful and sunny out. However, it was so cold in the house this morning (64F @ 6:00 a.m.!) that I turned on the furnace to take the chill out of the air, lol!

Allie said...

Wow what a find - that is just gorgeous!!!! I think I need to go shopping with you, lol.