Thursday, May 9, 2013

New acquisition...

I know I've been AWOL, I'm really booked up through the Spring and Summer for guild programs and don't always have time to post.  However...
I just acquired this quilt top.  I don't buy much anymore but...I've wanted a quilt or a pattern for this quilt since I first saw it in a Home Arts 1939 magazine.  Here's the original add:
I'm going to include this in my Story Time Stitches program (the focus of which is baby and kid's quilts) and my new program that features Embroidered Quilts.  I love that the maker of my top used a nine patch instead of plain fabric.  

These days our dog Teddy is having many challenges with his hip.  He is seeing a new doctor on Monday and we are hoping that we can find some relief for him.  

Well I'm off to pack, two programs to do this weekend!  Have a great day!  

3 comments:

Sandra :) said...

I love that there's a dog named Taxi on that quilt - how adorable! So sorry about Teddy's hip though - I hope the new vet can get him some relief - you know I feel your pain (and my hips hurt too, so I feel HIS pain as well!) -- sending you maple syrup hugs, Teddy!

Allie said...

*GASP* Oh Mickie it is just gorgeous!!!!! What an awesome find. I love the ad for it too, so cute!
Keeping my fingers crossed that you get some relief for Teddy, poor baby....enjoy your shows, wish I could come see you!!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Awww. the little pup quilt is adorable.