Saturday, April 27, 2013

Green Grows the City...

Green Grows the City is one of my favorite books, by one of my favorite authors, Beverly Nichols.    If you aren't familiar with his works--and you garden--I highly recommend him.  He is the only garden writer that I absolutely adore.  
Today I finished mulching the garden.  Sounds simple enough.  The front yard I had done a week or two ago (took 13 bags--or 26 cubic feet); today I finished up doing the back yard (20 bags or 40 cubic feet).  Afterwards, I have to be very very kind to my body but if I pace it right, I do okay with out a sore back :)
I'm not the only gardening nut in my neighborhood, these are photos that I took on a walk the other day.  We have our challenges in the city, so sometimes I just need to remind myself that there is loveliness everywhere.



2 comments:

Sandra :) said...

It's finally getting warm enough here to do some gardening - I only have a few little things poking through the dirt so far - my peony bush is only about an inch tall! I expect that the wintery weather is now over so things should progress quickly now - fingers crossed!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Your garden looks beautiful!
My hands feel like sandpaper today from weeding all day yesterday!