Monday, November 5, 2012

Cot quilt

I was actually able to sew while the power was off, thanks to my handy Beam and Read light (best 4 or 5 dollars invested and the batteries are easily found--round here, you couldn't get a D battery before the hurricane!).  I had put the binding on this quilt before the storm and just worked on it at night while I was listening to the radio (for whatever reason, I was reminded of Mrs. Miniver at the time).   Anyway, this simple quilt is done:
It's just charm squares that I had won at a quilt show and a few other pieces that I threw in.  It's really hard to see the sashing fabric although I tried to get a photo of it:
The sashing fabric is ribbed and so there is a neat texture to it.  The only challenge is that the ribbed fabric has some poly in it and it had to be fussed a bit to keep the whole thing from getting wonky.  Anyway, I like simple quilt patterns, and this one is perfect for the ottoman/cot upstairs.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Simple is often best! Your quilt is beautiful!
(I love the old movie about Mrs. Miniver! I think it would be very much like that - except with no bombs!)

Valspierssews said...

So glad to see you weathered the storm OK. It was on all our TV stations and it certainly looked bad. Good job on the quilt.

Allie said...

That is just darling, Mickie! Well done! Thank goodness for the beam n read, lol...

Sandra :) said...

Awwwwwwwwwww it's beautiful - I like simple patterns too - and I especially like using up stash! I haven't actually stitched any of my charm square sets yet - I just look at them and dream. Isn't that crazy? LOL!

Wonky Girl said...

There is often beauty in simplicity and your quilt did turn out beautiful. The border fabric is perfect.
Glad all is well at your place after the storm.

quilter000 said...

Hey that is a very pretty simple quilt. I really like it. great job Mickie.


PPQW