Thursday, November 8, 2012

A finish

I'm grateful to say that the snow was kept at bay yesterday because of a dry front over us.  My friends say that Dr. Doom (my husband who has a reputation of disastrous repairs) is responsible.  All the really bad weather happens when he isn't home and I have to deal with the whole thing alone :)  Anyway, we had power last night so I finished this one:

Seamus seems to like this wallhanging that I just finished last night.  It will be hung somewhere else for a Christmas Gathering party for some special little girls.   Here are some other photos:


3 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Seamus is helping show the wallhanging - like the girls from Price is Right!! Good job, Seamus :D

Pretty wallhanging - I can just picture a Christmas tea party with little girls sipping tea and having fancy little cookies - sweet! Not something I got to do with MY kids, though - unless koolaid and animal crackers counts, lol!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your tea quilt is lovely!! Glad you didn't get all that snow where you are. The NE has really been hit hard this fall.

Yes, it does feel great to get rid of "stuff". And I do look at things differently now. For the past three years I have been working on slowly but surely simplifying my life and home. For me it's a process. I'm not planning to get rid of the things I collect, but I am getting rid of the cruddy stuff that doesn't matter so that I can focus on the things that bring joy to my life.

Allie said...

Glad the snow passed you by - it's going to 69 here today and the thought of snow is the furthest thing from my mind, but I know it's coming! That is just the sweetest little quilt, Mickie, so very pretty and perfect for a tea party!