Saturday, October 13, 2012

Blue Herons and Autumn Days

Here is Seamus.  We go to the park at least once a day together.  I love walking and so does Seamus.  He does this posing thing, like he is Rin-Tin-Tin. :)
Today we looked at this fellow across the creek:
That's a blue heron and they have been around here since before my husband and I moved to this city.  There are many parks in our region and the heron are quite happy to fish our creeks.  My neighbor down the street actually walked out of her house one day to find some heron in her backyard pond, eating her koi.  Sometimes they fly overhead and you can hear the whooshing of their massive wings.  It always made my late dog Paddie stop and look up at them.  
Anyway, we have some lovely parks in Allentown and the dogs love exploring them with me:


The first real frost is expected tonight but for now, everything is remaining green!  How is autumn where you are?



2 comments:

Wonky Girl said...

Your area is lovely, a place that I would like to live.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Here in the Northwest our Autumn was late. We had an extremely dry (for us) summer. Then a massive storm came through when the leaves had barely started turning so they didn't last too long. Some of the trees are still pretty, but the majority are gone. Like you, I am ready for the garden to go to bed. I have a standard poodle too and we walk every day at our local park. keeps us both fit.
I had trouble with my blog or blogger, I should say and so I don't post much to it anymore.