Saturday, June 27, 2009

Samplers


I'm just about done with the garden redesign and am just taking a moment to remember other things I love.
Yesterday my friend Patty posted a pic of embroidery work she just finished and I was reminded of these wee samplers I picked up for a buck or two last fall. I don't know who RS is but I remember using these same bright and cheerful colors when I learned to embroider. The transfers she used struck a memory. My transfers were given to me by my grandmothers and I have a weakness for old transfers. I'm obviously not alone in this love and some of my favorite blogs feature vintage transfers: q is for quilter, turkey feathers and stichado.
Have a wonderful Sunday!

1 comment:

Miss Jean said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, Mickie. A fellow gardener and dog lover. How great is that!?! We are in love with hydrangeas, also Your garden is just beautiful. I'll be coming back to visit to see more of your flowers, for sure.

By the way, I spy the scotties on the sampler!