Saturday, February 14, 2009

Be Mine

Friday Journal: I am always exhausted after a Helena day and so is she. People can't believe all that we can fit in a single day. Like today during our Valentine preparations......
There was some baking to be done by a little girl and her little rolling pin.
There were sprinkles to be taste-tested.....

Special cookies to be made for family. Like this one made especially for Pop-pop...his was the second biggest she made. The biggest one she ate after lunch. She told me: "I was born to eat this cookie."
There were valentines to be made (check out the one that is hung to the left of the hutch). And Nanagram came to visit as well.
There were other friends to visit. Katie spent the later part of the afternoon with us and both girls made STACKS of valentines to take home.

All this and the girl manages to look chic and relaxed in the new dress she got for her birthday. Check out the poodles on the dress, the pin from Nanagram, and the Pippi longstocking tights. Helena picks out her outfits these days.

So this was another day and Saturday, I will have energy again. In the meantime, Happy Valentines Day....

1 comment:

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Oh girl! What a wonderful day!. I had my grandson today also. We played football and played in the sandbox. The weather was beautiful!. I should have taken pictures! I think he is coming again today. I think I will so I can show you OUR day. Thanks for the visit.