Thursday, April 13, 2023

I Like Thursdays: April 13, 2023

 


I hope all of you had a happy holiday!

Ours was rather low-key, just my mom, hubby, and I shared a meal.  It's been a rather hectic couple of weeks which will slow down after next week so we were grateful for a slower paced day.

This week I'm grateful that my mom's latest hospital visit turned out well.  Her anemia is starting to subside and now I have to take her for vitamin B shots.  Hopefully the B shots will make her more energetic.  It's been a couple of crazy weeks with just her health challenges.

Other than that, I've not got much done.  I'm hoping to get more work completed on the garden.  My neighbor, a wonderful young man named Andy, has been asking me when I want him to mulch the garden and I want to get that done soon.

The prompt this week is whether we are night or morning people.  We are morning folks, usually in bed by 9 or 10 pm and up around 5 am or 6 am.  I get most of my work done in the morning.  By 6 or 7 pm, we are spent and usually settle down to watch tv.

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!

6 comments:

LA Paylor said...

glad you're doing okay. We just had a week of really hot, hottest on record, weather now it's hopefully going to cool off for a week. Otherwise not much going on here.
LeeAnna

PaintedThread said...

I'm glad your mother is doing better. Yay for garden work being done.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So glad your mom is doing better. It's good for life to settle down a bit! Happy gardening days - I have tulips about to bloom!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So nice your mom is doing well and also she has good help with you folks there. I wonder if we all should take B shots. I take the Vitamin B pills all the time. What a great time of year when it is garden work time. I get at in my own time, no rush.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

It's so nice to hear your mom is doing better. I hope your garden gets going soon!

Linda said...

I'm happy for your Mom's better health. I remember when my Mom used to go get vitamin B shots. I hope your Mom continues to improve.