Thursday, May 12, 2022

I Like Thursdays: May 12, 2022

 Happy Thursday!


It's time to celebrate the good in life and post it on "I like Thursdays" hosted by Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color.  

Another season of Call The Midwives ended last Sunday.  The last episode of the season was a real rollercoaster!  I'm also grateful that Restoring Galveston just started a new season.  There is very little on tv that I enjoy but I do like this show!


Little Remi is doing well and she and her Mama are home safely.  My brother (her grandfather --above) apparently is visiting her all the time.  She's his first grandchild and he just can't get enough of her!  I don't blame him!

In the sewing room, I'm only working on a patchwork quilt that uses up charms.  

The garden is where I'm spending most of my time.  There is always so much to do.  But the catbirds are back, a lady cardinal is building a nest nearby, and soon my neighbor and I will be spreading mulch.  I'm so grateful for the young man who lives next door and is willing to let me hire him to help.  Mulching is so necessary here but it's getting more difficult to do as I get older.


Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!







6 comments:

Libby in TN said...

My son was like that with his first grand, too! She's now almost 14 months and we'll get to see her again at the end of this month!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! Oh, I didn't realize Restoring Galveston had some new episodes. I enjoy that show, too. I'll have to look for it again. That picture of Remi and Grandpa is so precious. I love it!! I'm with him - I can't get enough of those babies either. It's even worse when they grow up a bit!! How wonderful that your neighbor is willing to assist you with the mulching!! We had to have the local garden store do it for us this year. Maybe next year we'll have more time to do it ourselves. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

Fun likes. How wonderful your brother can't get enough of his grandchild. :-)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful photo of a proud and loving granddad! I'm in the garden mostly these days too!

Elvira said...

Enhorabuena, un bebé en la familia da mucha ilusión y alegría
Besos

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh I can't understand at all why your brother is smitten with little Remi. She is a sweetie. Great likes, I have been avoiding the garden. How can I have weeds almost 3 feet tall already when just 2 weeks ago I had snow?