Thursday, March 22, 2018

I like Thursdays, March 22, 2018

IT'S SPRING!!!

Wait what? We thought it wouldn't be so bad yesterday morning.

But then we got a foot (at least) of snow.

I followed LeeAnna's example and did some decorating.


LeeAnna is our hostess for our I Like Thursdays.

I like the movie, "Goodbye Christopher Robin"
I know it's not that accurate to the true story but you get the gyst.  It is well written and acted.  I love A.A. Milne's books so it was interesting to me.

This Saturday is March For Our Lives day.  I love this generation of children who have moved our country.  It is appalling to me that children have to practice what they would do in the event of an attack on their school.  I'm looking for a local event to attend and want to support these kids in any way I can.

I'm off to cut more fabric for my next quilt.  Have a great week!






9 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Peter Rabbit! I love Scout in the snow. But oof! what a pile of it. We lucked out, and have gotten only a dusting. I can't wait for March to be over with this weather!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I'm happy we haven't gotten more snow, but it is very cold overnights so our snow is staying. But we have had sunshine all week so that is good.
Lovely likes-I am a big Pooh fan too and I am so impressed with those kids like you are. Kudos to them!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hooray for Spring! But, a foot of snow, yikes... That is more like a Colorado Spring day - and we are very dry here right now. Love your decorations! I agree about what the kids are doing. I recently retired from teaching, and hated that we had to do more and more of those kinds of drills over the years.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele,
Oh, more snow. Go away now so we can all enjoy Spring! We are marching here as well - a big even nationwide I believe. It is sad that kids have to practice what to do in the event of an attack. The most we had to worry about was tornado and fire. Enjoy the prep for your next quilt! ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

when it got down to 7 deg F we bought Milo boots. I hope we do not need them again til next year. Scout looks pretty while exploring. I have to look for that movie, I like those kinds. Wonder what you're cutting out? I even cut out some more things this morning.

Angie in SoCal said...

All we got was a little rain, but then I live out West. Blessings,

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Pretty decorations.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

The bunny in the blue dish is my favorite. I can't believe you still have so much snow! We had 90 degrees on Thursday! Crazy weather. I'm listening to CNN coverage of the march in DC . Those kids are so cool and have accomplished so much already -while inspiring others all over the world.
Happy Spring regardless of your weather.
mary

Allie-oops Designs said...

Boy winter doesn't want to let go this year does it!!! Cute pics of Scout!