Thursday, December 21, 2017

I lilke Thursdays: December 21, 2017

This week join us as we find new things to feel positive about and share them on the "I Like Thursdays" hosted by LeeAnna (here).  This day of positive energy has become an important part of my week and inspires me to post on my blog at least once a week.  With the current political climate, I needed a day to reflect and "stop and smell the roses" and this feature has been a godsend.  Thank you LeeAnna.

It warmed up, the snow melted and and we are able to take longer walks again.  It took a lot of work but Scout has become a good walking companion.  Unless she sees a squirrel, then lookout!  Our neighbors have noticed as well and she is becoming more calm as she gets older.  She has been 36.5 lbs for a few months now and it is clear she is going to be a very small standard which pleases me and the vet.  She loves being cradled in our arms and rocked like a baby while we stroke her belly.  If she wants to be rocked this way she can be quite a noodge. 

Like when I'm binding quilts.  Her nose looks huge because of the angle of this photo which made us laugh as well.😄

We are grateful she is finally eating again.  She had some real problems after the allergic reaction she had to an antibiotic.  I finally switched her to a wet food and she loves it and is eating regularly.
I like Scout's new Christmas scarf.

Instead of being tied, it has a sleeve for her collar!


I love our new humidifier.  This is $18 of total relief.  My sinuses have been terrible and running this little machine has made my life and sleep so much better!

I don't have much time today so I'm just going to wish you a happy Christmas and hope you have a wonderful holiday season!


7 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I like that Scout is light too so you can cuddle her...really wish I could do that with my dogs, but no. I love the idea of a scarf that covers the colour...new to me idea.
I couldn't live without a humidifier because of dry sinuses. So I totally get that.
Enjoy the fun and busyness!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

A happy Christmas to you, too, Michelle! So glad Scout is healthy and eating well again, and that you can cuddle her. She is such a beautiful dog!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele,
Scout looks so dashing in his scarf! Her nose does look loonnnnnngg in that one picture. heehee If she could talk she would say that's not her best angle. Geez, mom! I'm glad to hear she is eating well again - that is always a worry. Happy Holiday! Enjoy! ~smile~ Roseanne

Libby in TN said...

Scout is such a cutie! That's a clever trick with the scarf. Did you make it or buy it that way?

LA Paylor said...

isn't she adorable. I am always surprised just how much she and Milo look alike. Both look different from Cole too... very distinct. The soft face look that breaks my heart and makes me want to cradle him. Can't lift him but I would love to. And Milo does have a long nose. I would say he's smaller than Cole was but being a boy, larger than Scout. No cradling for us... merry Christmas with a pup again Mickie
LeeAnna

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I like Scout's bandana. She is very pretty. Um I cradle Bobbin and rub her belly, I am thinking doing that for scout is much more exertion.

Sandra :) said...

^^^ Oh my - a pupper (I assume it's a pupper) named Bobbin - that's adorable! And so, of course, is Princess Scout, whose nose definitely isn't that long, as I know firsthand, LOL! That's an awesome bandanna - you could use it to make her a few more - I've never seen one like that :) Lucky you that it has warmed up for you - we have some snow now, and the temps are dropping drastically. My neighbour went to pick up her daughter in university (1.5 hours away) tonight after work - it took her 3 hours to get there, and as she got there, the snow squalls hit. I haven't looked outside in a couple of hours but they were headed our way, ughhh. She should be home by now - I have my cellphone beside me so I'll know the second she texts me that she's home safely!