Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!
I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year's Eve!
I finally got in some sewing this weekend.  It's been months and it felt so good to piece this donation top!
I used up a bag of scraps for this and it felt so good to utilize the fabric.  I've been thinking about goals for the future and I only have two:  to write and to use up fabric.  Fortunately, my neighbor Carol has decided to join me in a stashbusting year.  Carol makes aprons and I am making quilts, mostly for donation this year (my family has pointed out that they all have quilts now).  I'll also be working on pieces for upcoming programs that I hope to develop.  What are you hoping to do in 2016?




2 comments:

Sandra :) said...

I have the same resolutions that millions of people have - eat less, move more, shop less, sew more - I wonder how the world would function if we all actually managed to fulfill our resolutions? LOL! Dennis had to work New Years Eve morning (he was supposed to have the day off) and then got called out on two separate service calls, so he didn't get home until 7:30 p.m., and was asleep by 8:00!!! I fell asleep just after 9:00, a few minutes into Ghostbusters --- it's a good thing we didn't have plans for the evening because we wouldn't have been very good company - it's not polite to yawn at people, lol.

I'm glad you got some sewing in - that's a pretty top :) I didn't get any sewing done for the last week of December - too busy - but I finally had a chance this evening to sit downstairs and work on something - I made a birdy zipper bag that I had previously kitted :) I actually kitted 2 of them so I'll finish the second one tomorrow - I used up some scraps to make them but I didn't see any dent in stash, haha. They'll both be donated, so the fabric will be going OUT of the house - YAY!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow that's pretty, Mickie! I don't really have any resolutions, although I'm itching to do some baby quilt designs - we'll see how that goes.