Monday, October 26, 2015

Last tomatoes, winter on the horizon...

I've picked the last of the tomatoes and have been gradually been putting the garden to bed for the season.  There is a lot going on here (my husband's health) but will wait to post about that later.

Nothing cheers me up more than acquiring new quilts.  I struck gold at a local auction last week when I got a day off just to myself (a rarity these days).
This is an Amish quilt from Lancaster County, circa 1905.  I can't photograph the quilting too well but believe me it is a beauty!  Anyway, I just wanted to post something before the end of the month.  Hope everyone in blogville is doing well.  Hugs and hugs!

2 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Our cherry tomatoes did fairly well this year, but our plum tomatoes - not so much. Somehow we got all orange ones without knowing we had done so - very pretty, but in 4 plants, I think we got about 10 tomatoes altogether - they just didn't ripen. We had a lot of green cherry tomatoes by the end of the season too. Between 4 pepper plants we got MAYBE a dozen peppers all season - I think it was just too hot overall for what we planted. Our garden is in the corner of our back yard, and my neighbour's is in the middle of her back yard. I could practically see her 'maters and zucchini growing in front of my eyes, all summer long - they bloomed and produced like CRAZY. We're only 20 feet away and ours did poorly!

I hope Brad is OK!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Praying for your hubby, hon! Oh I don't want winter....no no no....*covers ears and eyes*