Thursday, July 30, 2015

Heatwave!

Summertime highs have finally arrived to our part of Pennsylvania!  I started the week doing some inventory of my quilts including the quilt that features this block.  Now it is too warm in the attic for inventory so I'm cutting fabric for future quilts.  It passes the time until we can go out and play in the garden.  Seamus doe NOT like the heat and has to be coaxed to take a walk these days.  We get up early (very early) and head to the park to walk and play so he gets some exercise.
How do you keep cool in the high heat?  

2 comments:

Sandra :) said...

That adorable little lifeguard can rescue me any time, lol!

I don't enjoy this heat - I spend as much time as I can in the house with the a/c running full tilt. I still walk in the mornings and it's just about doing me in - I'm a sweaty mess when I get home (pretty picture - NOT, lol!). My sewing room is very cool because I have the furnace in there - I spend a lo of time watching TV or sewing :D Oh - and I get hubby to bbq as much of supper as I can, since I don't know how to use the bbq - that way he gets to slave over the hot "stove" - not me! ;)

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh Mickie that little block is too darling for words!!! How sweet! You'll have to show pics of the whole thing, block by block. I'm drooling over it.

Our heat is finally breaking - Tuesday, Sam's birthday, they say it will struggle to get to 70. Of course, we're going to a car show [old cars] so that's not good - as long as it doesn't rain though! I hope it's cooling off for you now. As hot as I thought it was here, it was NOTHING compared to Texas.....