Saturday, December 27, 2014

Stars over Bethlehem...

I was born and mostly raised in Bethlehem Pennsylvania, the "Christmas City."  In our region, stars are pretty important to us.  One is alight over the city:
Seriously, this is one of the most comforting sights from my childhood because I always knew we were almost home when I saw the star.  Although our family was Irish American, we enjoyed the local culture including things like the Moravian star.
The Kemerer Museum in Bethlehem has an exhibit of star quilts on display right now so if you are in the area, check it out!
Here are some close-ups of a few of my star quilts:




The one above, I can't seem to capture on film well.  It is an autumn purchase and I am in love with it and use it every night.  It is bright and cheerful and makes me smile when I first wake up.
Hope your holiday remains happy and bright!  

2 comments:

Sandra :) said...

I like the red gingham one the best - very cheerful :)

Allie said...

Oh my gosh I love your quilts! Especially the one you use every night.

One of these years I'm going to visit Christmas, MI, just to see what they've done to dress the place up. I had zero Christmas spirit this year. Maybe that will help, lol. Or I'll just go to Bethlehem...PA.

Glad you got your walking boot, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your grandparent's window, how awesome is that!!!!!!! What a brilliant idea.