Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What's in the sewing room...

This is a redwork sham that I love, especially in the winter.  The line is actually from "Hiawatha" but it still seems apt this time of year.  I was thinking about bringing in some greenery when I remembered it.  

Additionally, I put some of my penny dolls out.  Special shout out of thanks to Martha at Q is for Quilter who told me about museum wax, one my favorite things to use when displaying fragile pieces.  I just love these dolls and am so grateful to be able to put them out now and then:

How is your decorating going?  We are doing much less as we get older and especially because all of the work is on my shoulders; my husband tends to get home about mid-December every year and just wants to chill.   Anyway, I'm off to make gluten free cookies for him!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Allie said...

That redwork is just darling! And your dolls are too, wow how sweet - don't think I've ever heard of penny dolls before!