Friday, July 17, 2009

It's a jungle out there!

Yippeee! I finally got my regular lens back from the camera repair shop! For over a month I have only been able to use the zoom lens.

Honestly, I wasn't kidding when I said the front yard is overgrow. Notice how lush the right side of the house is compared the left (drier bed due to a tree near the street). I meant to replace a soaker hose in that bed but never got around to it this year. I started to thin out everything but then Paddie had her surgery so now I am in the house with her until she is well.


Notice the larkspur? It's a testiment to how unusual and wonderful this summer has been. Normally it has gone to seed by mid-June and been yanked out of the garden by the 4th of July. It is still lingering.


Another example of our cool summer (with evenings in the 40s or 50s!) is the bugs. The Japanese beetles who usually greet the first of June are finally here. I have to wonder if we get cool weather again if they will fade off. For now, they are feasting on my roses......

No comments: