Sunday, April 26, 2009

Burying troubles today

The past two weeks have been tough, especially on friends and family who have had illness diagnoses, marital problems, and employment worries. Today I am going to give myself the best kind of therapy and bury my troubles in the garden.
It is HOT in Pennsylvania right now and such a shame because the heat tendens to hasten the end of spring blooms like the second flush of daffodils, the tulips which just started and the amazing viburnum which just started to fill our home and property with its amazing fragrance.

Some good things are passing like the hyacinth (the smell gives me a headache).
Today I will be pruning the rose bushes, DH is mowing.

I would love to show you a pic of the garden as a whole but we need to buy our sod first. Our dogs have completely annhilated the grass in our back yard and some of it in the front. Anyway, it is time to get out there before the heat floats in....

1 comment:

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

There is nothing like gardening therapy to make everything seem better! Your flowers are beautiful! I'm afraid we're going to go straight from pretty cool and wet into baking hot around here. I keep wishing for a long pleasant spring, but we don't seem to get those anymore. Oh well, it's all better than cold, frozen and brown!!