Thursday, June 1, 2023

I Like Thursdays: June 1, 2023

 


Happy Thursday!

Well it's time to be share our positive thoughts as part of "I like Thursdays."  Please visit other bloggers at Not Afraid of Color, LeeAnna's blog!

Best news this week is that my husband had successful hand surgery yesterday and is home and recovering.  He's managing the pain with just Advil and now we just need to make sure he doesn't get an infection in the incision.

This week's prompt is what kind of ice cream do we like?  Well my favorite flavor is mint chocolate chip and it's been my favorite since childhood.  But these days, I've got a lot of novelty ice creams in the freezer because my husband likes them so much this time of year:  ice cream sandwiches, nutty buddy cones, and the vanilla ice cream on a stick--coated with chocolate.

Other wonderful things:  little Gavin (age 5) goes for bike ride (he is still on training wheels) each evening.  I get a knock on my front door so he can give me a hug.  Best gift of my day!


Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!



6 comments:

Babajeza said...

I love strawberry ice cream. This Thursday was a work day but it was a good one. Very nice students, eager to learn, which makes me happy. All the best! Regula

Angela said...

Oh, yes! How special to get those hugs!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So glad the hand surgery went well, and he's recuperating well, too. He deserves some ice cream! Mint chocolate chip sounds yummy!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

That's great news about your husband's surgery. You're so lucky to get those nice hugs! Enjoy your weekend!

PaintedThread said...

Mint chocolate chip is good! Oh, a hug by special delivery. How wonderful!

LA Paylor said...

oh, you have a travelling hugger! nice! Yes please to all those specialty ice creams, and a big like to have a successful hand surgery!
LeeAnna