Thursday, January 20, 2022

I Like Thursdays: January 20, 2022

 It's Thursday and time to post things we like on the internet!  Hosted by Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color, please visit all the bloggers for a pick-me-up and some inspiration!

I like having a moment to BREATHE!  Life has been chaotic the last few months and the inclement weather of this week has really been a blessing.  On Monday I did some sewing and finished my first calendar block.  As I worked on it, I realized that in other years, this was a project that I would have whipped out in no time.  But life is what it is.

I also made myself a meal that my husband doesn't like:  

Spaghetti and Meatballs!

My husband doesn't care for meatballs, I don't know why.  He likes a heavy chunky sauce filled with ground meat.  I made my meal differently.  The sauce was very plain--like what you tend to actually get when you are in Italy.  While I ate, I reminisced about Italy.  In many parts of the country, you get a plate of pasta with a plain meatless sauce as a precursor to the main course.  Some parts of Italy start off with a salad, go to the pasta, and then the main course.  Other parts (northern as I remember) end the meal with the salad.

Meatballs remind me of my friend Beth.  She is half Italian and learned to make meatballs from her Italian grandmother.  Her meatballs are the best you will ever taste!  She uses bread soaked in milk to bind the meat.  Some of the best lunches I've ever had were at her house--meatballs and an antipasta (no pasta) and so filling!


Scout likes meatballs too!

Scout and I think that the fox has been in our yard during this week's inclement weather.

This hole is about a foot wide and I suspect that the fox made a meal of a rodent (chipmunk or vole) in our garden.  It's so amazing to see how the garden changes in the winter!

Wishing you a great weekend! 

Have a safe and happy day!







6 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! That meal looks delicious to me. I'll eat meatballs with you and Scout anytime - I love them. Stay warm, my friend. {{Hugs}} a bunch for you. ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

Mmm - spaghetti and meatballs is always good stuff. Local wildlife is always so interesting. Good to breathe!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love meatballs and spaghetti either way the meat gets served. Thanks for explaining more about it. We are watching the Sopranos and so much pasta always is mouth watering. Yes,we should all try to not be in a rush or hard on ourselves over things that don't get done.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I often think about the Italian version of pasta too. Glad you got to slow down a wee bit this week. Of course Scout would like meatballs. Have a great weekend.

Susie H said...

Yum! I love meatballs! What is it with some folks ... my dad didn't care for them either nor my husband. Thankfully my mother likes them, just "not too big". OMG! Everyone has specifications! Hahaha! Have a great week!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your post is making me hungry! I like meatballs but I'm sort of picky about whose I like. Some people put in weird ingredients! Enjoy your weekend and relax! I think it's great to relax after the crazy holidays!