Thursday, December 30, 2021

I Like Thursdays: December 30, 2021

 

It's "I like Thursdays" and time to publish happy thoughts into the blogosphere!  Hosted by Lee Anna, be sure to check in with the other bloggers to see what they are grateful for this week by visiting Lee Anna here.  What are you grateful for this week?

I'm happy we made it through the holiday without incident or additional illness.  I had cancelled Christmas due to Mom's situation but I was grateful I did.  

Mom is still on the mend but tires easily.  It will be a while until she feels like her old self.  Our youngest child has Covid now but is recovering and doing better.  He was grateful to be vaccinated.  Thankfully, everyone is staying clear of Mom so she doesn't catch anything.  

Scout is doing better and can now take walks!  

Brad and I spend our days taking care of Mom and also walking dogs.  We saw the neighborhood fox one afternoon.  Sorry the photo was blurred by Scout--oblivious to the presence of the fox--wanted to smell under a bush and kept nudging me.

It's always fun to see the heron when we walk and it continues to surprise us that the dogs don't spot the heron either.  He must blend in somehow.


We are grateful we didn't get the snow/sleet that was predicted this week.  I was sure we would when I saw this sunrise the other morning.  When I went out for the newspaper, I was actually startled by the color:

I enjoyed this video over the holiday.  Andrea Love did all the needle felting and the animation.  What a great artist!

I didn't finish all the projects I had hoped for this year but here are some of the quilts I did finish:





The quilts fly out of here as quickly as I finish them.  Last week I finished the final quilt for 2022.  I made it for my neighbor Dave who was a Vietnam Vet and once told me a story about a quilt his grandmother made him when he was 11 years old.  He loved that quilt so much and took it on all his travels for the next 40 years until it fell apart.  This was just a top I had partially assembled with scraps but I finished it for him and he loved his quilt!

Wishing you all the safest and happiest New Year!











4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So glad your mom is doing better! That was a beautiful sunrise, too. I loved seeing your quilts - so many pretty designs - those floating stars are especially great! Happy New Year, Michele!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! We had to cancel our Christmas Eve gathering, too. It was just easier to keep Sue's Mom healthy. I've been tested twice since the 17th - both times negative, thankfully. But I'd prefer not to be exposed at all! That's great news about Scout, too. Happy New Year, my friend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

Yay for people on the mend.

You have wonderful finishes! I really like your Sunny Lanes quilt.

Happy New Year!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

It sounds like everything is taking a turn for the better and with a brand new year just in time. I sincerely wish you and your family an even better, healthier and prosperous New Year!