Tuesday, June 16, 2020

To-Do-Tuesday: June 16, 2020

 It's To-Do Tuesday and many of us like to join with Roseanne in writing our sewing goals for the week!


I'm happy to report that my envelope I-spy quilt top is finished!  I'm just finishing tops for now and I'll worry about having them completed later when our life is a bit more normal.

My next big project was cutting novelty fabrics into 4 inch squares for donation quilts.  I've gotten pretty far:


I'm going to make some tops for friends' grandkids and the rest will be donation quilts.  I like to make four patches out of the squares and then sash them.  My buddy Beth has two grandkids already and I'm going to share the squares with her so she has a good stash of I-spy patches as well.  

This week for my to-do list, I'm only going to try to organize the blocks I have already cut.  I took a fall yesterday while walking the dog and have a sprained ankle, wrist, and various other bruises.  It's a bummer because the weather is great but I'm grateful the ankle isn't broken.  It's a big job just organizing the patches so I'll be glad to get done with that.

I hope you are having a great week and check out the projects at Roseanne's blog!  Stay safe!


2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh no on the fall, Michele! That is not fun! So glad the ankle isn't broken, though. Take care, and enjoy playing with those fun novelty fabrics!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! I am so sorry you took a fall. Sprained ankles are the worst - they seem to take forever to heal. Try and stay off of it and ice it as often as you can. Gosh, I'm sure that shook up Scout as well. I love how your envelope quilt top turned out. I'd love to sit down and just enjoy each of the envelopes. We haven't made an I-spy get since the one for Dominic. Now there are two more littles that should have one! Great idea with the four-patches and sashing. Thanks so much for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne