Tuesday, April 14, 2020

To Do Tuesday

Roseanne has a "To-Do Tuesday" and a lot of the bloggers fill the internet with what they hope to accomplish that week.  This week I'm going to continue to sew so I thought I would participate.  

I need a little Christmas.

I took a break from mask making yesterday to cut up some Christmas fabric.  This is one of those "someday projects" that I thought I would get around to and yes, someday is here.  

I love these retro designed Christmas fabrics.  They remind me of my childhood and of the wrapping paper that my Nana Betty used on our Christmas gifts.  It's about time I get around to doing something with all this fabric so if I can get my squares cut out this week, I'll be happy.

I'm going to make four patches with the squares and to be honest, four patch quilts are analogous to comfort food to me.  I keep a whole array of layouts on my pinterest page of things one can do with them.  I'll decide on the exact layout after the patches are complete.  I'm using the scraps to make a smaller wall hanging for my "Nana Betty Window" that I use to display seasonal pieces.

At night I'm still binding quilts and have three to complete.  For this week, I would just like to get this baby quilt completed but often I'm too tired to see after dark.  Hopefully this one will be done by Saturday.

Well that's it for me.  Have a nice day and stay well!

1 comment:

Julierose said...

Such lovely vintage-looking Christmas fabrics--I like that look too...that and calicoes...very old fashioned of me, I know;)))
Take care no Julierose