Thursday, June 7, 2018

I like Thursday: June 7, 2018

I love this gal!
My beautiful niece Maggie who just graduated from college!
She is standing with my brother.  We had small graduation party for her last weekend.  She is going on to Georgetown for her Master's.  I am so very proud of her and just adore having her and her fiancee home.  Love you girl!

Scout and Maggie's dog Cashew always have a lot of fun playing together too!

I like the simple things this week: strawberry preserves, a freshly mowed lawn, and quiet walks with Scout.

I like swans.

I like this sewing basket.  

I like the books by Mary Kerr.  She spoke at our guild again last week and we love having her.  Everyone said the same thing:  she is so inspiring.  I love her books too!

I hope you have a wonderful week. I'm in the midst of some very busy days right now but hope to visit everyone's blog today or tomorrow!

Link up with LeeAnna for more likes!

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Simple is always good. I will check out the Mary Kerr books at the Library...thanks for the reading reference. Congrats to your Graduate...well done!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele,
How exciting for your niece, Maggie. I wish her all the success at Georgetown and in her Master's. I love seeing the puppies playing or exploring. Cashew really stands out against the pretty green and the dark color of Scout. Sewing baskets - I used to have my grandmother's when I was a child. I wonder whatever happened to that . . .
~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

Scout looks happy. Mmm.... strawberry preserves. The stream and pond are pretty.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm a big fan of the simple things, too! I especially like your photo of the swan - what a neat bird to be able to see!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely pictures of things so dear like family and the neighbourhood sights. This is the fabric of life really. I have Murphy's smell wafting over me as I write this,LOL. Fabric of life indeed!

LA Paylor said...

cashew! What a fab name! Milo stands the same way... they are so alike.
He is going to miss his social life in this neighborhood, all his playmates and kids are in one little world.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh I like your list. Congratulations to your niece.

Allie-oops Designs said...

I like this post, lol! Congrats to your niece! And oh that sewing basket, I have one almost exactly like it but mine has sewing-related decals on the top!!