Monday, January 2, 2012

Use it up...

This is going to be a busy year for me.  I have specific projects to accomplish and also wish to catalog my collection of antique quilts.  I'd also like to use up the fabric I have--instead of figuring out where to store any additional fabric.  As for quilt tops?  They have to be completed or used for something else like what I am doing with these:
I was putting together a quilt for my Nana when she passed away last year.  I did finish the memory quilt I was making for her 90th birthday (she passed two weeks before her birthday) and we displayed that at her funeral.  

Anyone who knew Nana knew how much she loved all children.  She thought kids were about the best way to spend one's time and the only thing she loved as much was her husband, Pop.  I made these bears (and have a bunch more to finish) for our guild; we donate them to the local hospitals for sick children who are in the ER.  As I was sewing bears last night,  I thought of my Nana and concluded that she would love that her quilt had found a purpose of comforting sick children.

3 comments:

Martha said...

I love your "use it up" resolution for this year, and those bears are adorable. I'm sure that your Nana would love this sweet idea for using up her top.

As you begin to catalog your antique quilt collection, I hope you will share them with all of us.

I also have a quilt top issue here, but since my hand is feeling a bit better, I hope to finish quilting at least of couple of them this year.

Allie said...

Well I for one can't wait to see your catalog, lol. I think that's a brilliant use for your Nana's quilt top - I'm sure she would be very pleased about those darling bears!

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a very sweet and caring thing to do with your Nana's quilt. I'm sure they brought comfort to the children and their families.

Thanks for joining me in the 366 challenge! I am really looking forward to reaching my decluttering goal!