Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Greetings

Merry Christmas to everyone!  I never did send out cards because my mom's poor health has kept me too busy but here are the cards we had ordered.  This one features a painting Nana had done and which I always have hanging in our living room.  She passed away in July and I miss her terribly.  Still, I love that the beauty she always appreciated lives on in her work:

 And of course for our doggy friends, we featured our favorite photo of Seamus and Ted frolicking in the snow.  I've posted this photo before on the website but I still love it!
For every window that closes, another opens and this year, we learned many things from the challenges we had to face. 

I may have not had much time to myself but I have learned to enjoy a simpler and more basic Christmas.  Anyone who knows me well, knows that I REALLY love Christmas and go all out to decorate the house, bake, and make or buy presents.  This year I have been happy to hang two garlands and put up the tree.  The little time I had left, I'd rather spend with my husband or sew.  I didn't go over the top with presents either, keeping to the minimal because I would prefer to spend time with my family than stress out about what I did or did not buy.

I'm not sure how my kids are going to react to this simpler Christmas when they come home but I hope that we simply have a good time.  So here it December 18 and Christmas is done (including cleaning the house which I did yesterday).  Last night I sat down and watched "Miracle on 34th Street" and felt at peace.  I wish the same for all of you............
May your holiday be merry and bright.
Hugs,
Mickie and the Poodles

3 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my goodness, that painting is breath-taking!! What a treasure to have paintings done by your Grandmother. It makes the most perfect Christmas card---and any photos with four-legged furbabies catch my attention. Merriest of Christmas' to you and yours.

Allie said...

What a beautiful way to honor your Nana - that card is simply stunning. And I do love the pic of your pups, it's one of my favorite! Mickie, simpler is better - I'm glad you got some time to watch a classic and that peace is reigning in your heart. I hope you have a very blessed Christmas, sweetie!

Carol said...

The cards are lovely. Your grandmother was quite an artist. Have a wonderful Christmas. Simple is always effective :)