Sunday, August 8, 2010

Victory Dogs

Thanks everyone for all your kind words, emails and comments.  It's been a tough time but we are back in caretaker mode with Paddie in doggie hospice here.  She is stable and on medications that are keeping her comfortable.  She seems always near me and I am giving her a lot of petting and kisses.  I am hoping that she will pass quietly at home but we are prepared to do whatever we have to so that she doesn't have to feel pain.

I'm posting this picture of some Victory Dogs that I found while reorganizing some of my linens.  I've also been reading Sue Reich's book, World War II Quilts, which I highly recommend.  I received the book while working on Nana Betty's birthday-turned-memory quilt and found it so inspiring. 
If you are interested in this era, you may want to check out Dawn's post last week which I found fascinating:  http://cottagestateofmind.blogspot.com/2010/07/from-attic-wwii-letters.html
Stay cool and have a great day...
Hugs to all!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm glad Paddie is able to be at home with you. I know it's hard, but at least she is surrounded by loved ones

The quilt book sounds very intersting. It's fun to learn about histroy in a hands on way rather than a typical history book or documentary. Thank's for the link. I hope your readers enjoy the post too.
Hugs,
Dawn

Allie said...

Oh bless your heart hon - I'm so glad you're able to take care of Paddie through this. My heart is breaking for you.

That looks like a wonderful book, I'll have to look for it. Take good care of yourself and each other, sweetie.

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

*hugs to you*
-Fiona and Family