Thursday, July 30, 2026

I Like Thursdays: July 30, 2026

 


Hello and welcome to another edition of "I like Thursdays" hosted by LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color!


I like that I had good weather last week!  I spent most of the week in the garden and even forgot to post last Thursday.  There's still lots of work to complete but I am giving my body a break this week!


Like any gardener, I keep an eye on the weather.  I make sure to put all my tools and things away before the weather is predicted to storm.  And then...nothing happens.  We have whole days of thunder and not a drop falls.  So this week, I thought, the heck with it.  My shovel was outside.  So was the wooden bench that I keep covered during inclement weather.  I left a ton of stuff outside...and true to Murphy's Law, we finally got rain.  

I like rain!


LeeAnna's prompt this week is a favorite family vacation.


Years ago, my husband and I rented a house at Dewey Beach for a week or two.  Family/friends were all welcome and often visited.  We always rented the same house as it allowed dogs and we took ours.  Dewey Beach is a beach that also allows dogs on the beach after 5 pm.  So the pups had a great time every evening not only playing in the sand and barking at the waves but playing with the other dogs!

Wishing you a safe and happy week!




3 comments:

Angela said...

Oh, sounds like a great vacation spot!

PaintedThread said...

Ha - hoes and dirt bags. I went on vacation for a few days and the weeds are taking over my garden!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm glad it finally rained for you! It finally rained here, too, but we want more, lol! I love the sound of that house you rented on the beach. Lovely!