Saturday, December 19, 2020

Sunny Christmas Skies

 


Yesterday morning I finished my latest Christmas top.  The pattern is from Missouri Star Tutorials and it is called Sunny Skies.  I wish we had sunnier skies right now.  None of our snow has melted yet.  

Linda has already asked for this quilt for her family room and I'm happy to oblige.  She actually helped choose the colors.  I don't know about you, but I'm always looking to make good contrast choices.  I was going to scrap using this pattern because the Engelbreit 16 patches are already wild but Linda said, "It's a Christmas Quilt, go crazy!"  Actually using two darks for the chevron worked well.


And here's a little secret:  I don't have any dark green regular fabric left so I used fabric that is supposed to emulate grass.  Like Beth said:  We use what we have and I had enough for this quilt.  Here's an overexposed photo so you can see the pattern:


I just figured if you turn the grasses every which way that it could look like a close-up of a pine tree.  Anyway I'm happy with it and Linda loves it so all is good.

Today I'm going to attach binding to two quilts so I can hand bind them this week.  I'd also like to make some kind of single Irish Chain quilt.  I just feel like making an Irish Chain right now. I'll pull fabric and start cutting that today.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and please stay safe!






No comments: