Friday, December 6, 2019

A Ray of Sunshine

We had a brief period of sunshine yesterday so I photographed my new top:

It's a green scrap quilt because my son's girlfriend loves greens.  My friend Linda suggested the black sashing and it works!

Do you look good wearing a hat?  
I don't. When my husband and I were dating, we went to the Kentucky Derby.  I had to look for a hat to wear and took my neighbor along to help.  I look so ridiculous that she laughed until she cried.  I think this is why I like collecting sunbonnet quilts (well one of the many reasons).
In Pennsylvania we have a lot of quilts that the girl isn't even wearing a sunbonnet but an actual hat.  I call these gals "Liberty Bells."

Over at the Pennsylvania Piecemaker blog, I posted a story yesterday about hats the suffragists wore.  There are some really fun aspects of suffrage that I've enjoyed researching and this story is one of them!  You can read it here.

Have a great day!




1 comment:

Julierose said...

I love hats--especially floppy ones and berets and baseball caps...I have a lovely blue cotton crocheted floppy one that is my favorite...I do believe what they say that hats keep you warmer--you can lose 40% of your body heat through your uncovered head...And with Winter rearing its ugly head here, I am adorning myself with hats..
love your little be-hatted gal block ;)))hugs, Julierose