Thursday, October 19, 2017

I like Thursdays, October 19, 2017

Every dog we've had has found a special place of their own in our home.  Paddie had the long window in the living room that was "her spot", Teddy had an ottoman he lay across, Seamus--well Seamus was easy but he did enjoy his bed.  Our Scout found her spot a few months ago in the dining room. She likes to lay on the blanket chest and peer out from the dining room window.

 It's fun to come home and see her awaiting my arrival:
The Durrells in Corfu are back on television!  Thank goodness for PBS because many of the new shows in the fall line-up just aren't appealing to me or my family.
Image result

I finished this scrap quilt last night.  I've been working on it for a while.  I made this one for my cousin who just weathered the Hurricane in Houston.  Her favorite colors are blue and orange.  She came home last night and I hope to get it to her tomorrow.  I love that it is reversible:
It's almost Halloween and I don't know where the time has gone.
I hope you have a wonderful week!  Be sure to link up to LeeAnna at "Not Afraid of Color" for more positive posts!

9 comments:

LA Paylor said...

I squealed seeing Scout's face. She has the softest little eyes! And what a poster worthy shot of her through the window. I'm jelly that she is out of the crate when you leave the house. Milo might need the crate for as long as my lab did. Cole was out of it by this age too. Milo has little self control with destruction, and is a bit too anxious to have run of the house.

Julierose said...

such cute puppies...don't you just love the greeting you get when you get home? i miss that a lot.
Nice piece you have going on hugs, Julierose

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Scout is so cute! I forgot about the Durrels. Your generous quilt is sweet. Have a great week. mary in Az

Allie-oops Designs said...

That pic of Scout looking out the window is adorable!!!! Love your new quilt, your cousin will treasure it - the quilting is brilliant.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I always love your photos of Scout! What a sweet face in the window to come home to! That looks like the perfect quilt to send to your cousin. Happy Thursday!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele,
Ooooooh, that face in the window! Oh, how I love to see Scout smiling at you. She's probably wondering why you are taking a picture out there - she is much more photogenic inside the house . . . HAHA The quilting on the back of your scrap quilt reminds me of lucky clover - I'm not saying four-leaf because I can see more than four. I'm sure your cousin will feel the love in every stitch. ~smile~ Roseanne

Sandra :) said...

I wish we'd gotten to visit you and Brad and the poo-kids before Paddie passed on. I love the pics of Miss Scout in the window - she's such a pretty girl. SCOUT! Kisses! :) Great quilt - I'm glad your cousin is back home - that's wonderful :) I tried the Durrels series and didn't get into it for some reason - I'm hooked on all the Masterpiece shows, though :D

PaintedThread said...

Love the quilting on that quilt! And yes, we're happy too that the Durrells are back.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Both you and LeeAnna have mentioned the Durrells so I must check it out...we are always looking for good shows. Doesn't matter how old them are. These dogs are so adorable!