Saturday, January 31, 2009

Di Day!

My friend Di is coming in to town today and I can't wait to see her! She and I worked together a lifetime ago and have been through divorces, job challenges, remarriages, raising children and stepchildren, and sharing a number of hobbies (gardening, sewing, etc).

She is the only person I know that has her own song :D In the 80s when we were working together, there was maintenance man who used to serenade her. We could hear him coming from quite a distance away: "Diana, my baby, my sweetheart, my darling..." When I call her I don't have to leave a message, I just croon her song into the answering machine and she knows who it is right away. Even my son knows her song (apparently this was a memorable part of his childhood). She and her family now live about an hour away and we don't get to see each other very often (especially with our winter conditions). I just can't wait to give her a big ol' hug!


No comments: