Friday, August 19, 2011

Poodled

He's cute.  He's photogenic.  He never stops barking.  Yep this is Ted, the drama king of the pack.  Except yesterday he got sick, stopped eating, and just wanted to lay down.  We will get test results in a day or two.  He seemed to be responding to the antibiotic shot last night.  Around 10 p.m. he started eating a wee bit and then I sent him and the two other dogs out to do their business...

And a minute or two later, I smelled it.  SKUNK!!  Teddy is barking,,,,, I run out get him and Greta in the house.........and then realized that someone was AWOL:
Seamus has taken to scaling the back wall to get close to bunnies, cats, squirrels or possibly skunks.  He just loves other animals.  And he was not in the yard anywhere...I called and called him, went to the back gate of the yard to go find him (he usually doesn't go far) and ran into......
Oh yeh the skunk.


Ran back to the wall and there is Seamus, unsure of how to get back in the yard.  The dork wouldn't jump down so I had to pick up his 56 lb body to get him home (and he wriggled and struggled too, the little devil).

Of course the back door is open and I walk in to find how fragrant our house is and then check the barker.....
who smells like hell.

So I have to pick up that 71 lb boy and get him in the shower.  I think my adrenaline must have been running sky high because I'm not normally this strong.  I hate washing a dog that is sick but I literally had no choice.  The funny thing is, it really wasn't a skunk smell, made me wonder if he rolled in something dead  That smell came out of him really well...

Greta and Seamus escaped being skunked but my house smells like, oh yeh, skunk...I had to throw out the shoes I was wearing because they definately had the scent on them.  The attic/sewingroom/quilt storage area is sealed off for now and the windows are all open.

Once in a while the dogs get the best of their humans and then the human gets poodled.  I've been poodled but good and if my husband doesn't put lights out in the far back yard when he gets home......I am a gonna poodle HIM.  I've been bugging him for lights there because I could forsee this happening......grrrrrrr
off to buy more febreeze.........hope your day is better than my night was!

4 comments:

Wonky Girl said...

Oh my goodness !!! Now I know what being poodled means. At a loss for words.

Sandra :) said...

Oh heavens ... I don't mean to laugh ... but .... heehee!! Oh - wait - what is that SMELL?!?!?!?!? ;)

Perhaps you need an electrician to help B install the lights in the back, eh? LOL!!!

quilter000 said...

Pole cats, mercy they surely do stink! But thank goodness you were able to find the one MIA and get him home. We had a skunk in the yard tonight. never saw it but smelled it. have a bit if a rest and tell hubby we said LIGHTS!!
PPQW

Allie said...

EEK! I'm with you on the lights - I hope that smell goes away very soon!!