Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Greetings from the soggy Northeast!

This past weekend, we got over 4 inches of rain in less than 12 hours!

 We've had more rain since then but meanwhile, the hydrangea bush looks like it grew a whole foot since Friday...

The anemone are blooming like crazy now.  These flowers are among my favorite. The foliage is disease resistant and the flowers are so enjoyable this time of year:
I might need to mow soon but for now, I'm enjoying the garden as much as possible!  How is the weather where you are?

3 comments:

Allie said...

That is a LOT of rain!!! I saw all the flooding on the news. Unreal! Your flowers are just gorgeous.

quilter000 said...

Well we have had our share of the wet stuff too. Today was PURE!!! sunshine all day. Love your garden!
QW

rosie said...

It has been pouring all day here in Vic Australia.. I do hope Texas is getting some rain too...