Sunday, August 28, 2011

Good Night Irene...

We made it through the night okay.  It was tough to sleep because tornado warnings occurred east of us and I was concerned that we might get some here.  At 4 a.m. we lost power but our local radio station was broadcasting our local television news crew so  I could keep tabs on the weather with that and the weather radio.  I hate going through these things with just me...I wonder how I would get three dogs down to the cellar.

Lots of flooding here in the Lehigh Valley.  It's not unusual for us to have flooding with heavy rains but we live at the top of the hill and are safe from flooding except the normal leaks in the basement.  But the rest of the valley is hit very hard and the rivers haven't crested yet. 

The winds have begun and that is as dangerous as last night since we live in a city with tree lined streets.   Keeping our fingers crossed that our trees stay intact!  Take care to all those in the path...

2 comments:

Allie said...

Glad to hear you're ok, and hope and pray you continue to be! I hate tornado warnings anytime but especially at night.

rosie said...

Thinking of you Mickie and praying that you stay safe..xxxx