Monday, August 22, 2011

It's a jungle in here...

Last night we had torrential rains.  The ground is saturated and we do have some run off but I don't remember the garden being so happy in a long long time.  I have so enjoyed gardening this year, almost with as much passion as when I first started.  So bear with the various garden pics I keep posting.

The peegee hydrangea tree (pictured below) is in full bloom and full of butterflies, bees, and assorted insects.  I always seem to forget how much the insects love that tree.  Soon the caryopterist and sedum will start blooming and the critters will shift their affection to those plants...
In the meantime, we are appreciating all the bounty that has been gifted to us this year!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It is absolutely beautiful! Would love my yard to look just like this! Keep the pictures coming! I for one, really enjoy them!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous pictures! I love all the flowers. We too had a ton of rain yesterday.

Sandra :) said...

Happy garden = happy gardener - your yard is gorgeous! Butterflies are lovely, but bees scare me, lol!

rosie said...

What is not to like about garden pictures!! We recently had some rain too and I was able to get out in my poor neglected farm garden and tidy up.. It is so good for the soul..xx

Allie said...

You can post as many garden pics as you want, they are stunning!!! I didn't get a garden this year, so I'm really enjoying yours!

Dawn said...

Hi Mickie! I've missed you and the poodles! Greta is charming, such a pretty girl. Hope you've had a great summer. How are the grandkids?